What is the Oil Cleansing Method & How Does it Work?
The oil cleansing method can seem a bit daunting. Especially considering it’s called a “method” – it sounds like there’s more to it and many steps. Basically, it’s a just another way of cleaning your face. Simple. There’s no trick or gimmick here… plainly and simply – doing the OCM will leave your with silky soft, clean skin.
- Either fill a basin with water and soak a cotton face cloth/wipe (I use cold water but most prefer warm water to steam your pores as per step 2) or simply wet your cloth under the tap (and don't forget to turn the tap off.
- Squeeze out excess water and hold against face for a few seconds. This part of the process helps to get your skin ready, by “steaming” your pores.
- Scoop out a small amount of balm (approx the size of a blueberry)with your finger or pour a small amount of oil onto your cloth.
- Massage all over your face with your fingers. This is going to remove and dissolve make-up, sunscreen, dirt and just general grime from the day. You’ll find that it will do such a good job of dissolving make-up that you shouldn’t need to use any make-up remover.
- Don’t forget to inhale deeply to enjoy the scent of your cleanser as well! Enjoy the process!
- Using your face cloth that’s been soaked in the water, squeeze out excess water again.
- Start wiping the day away! Rinsing the cloth as you go will help to get your skin squeaky clean.
- Once done, make sure you give your cloth an extra rinse with a bar of soap and hang out to dry.
- Finish by misting your face with a toner and apply your chosen moisturiser or oil.
When should I oil cleanse?
The Kind Store team try and test all products that we stock, so you can be certain that what you are buying is high quality, works well and loved by us. We source all products using our ethos via our sustainable principles, so you can trust that what you are buying is kind to animals, people and planet. We stock items from UK independent makers and suppliers to ensure our products are eco-friendly. Discover hundreds of vegan, natural, sustainable and cruelty-free products.