Soap Buying Guide
Discover our huge range of traditional bars, made from completely natural and . All of our soaps are nourishing, good for you and our planet. We have soaps safe for babies, for , to help with blemishes or with added plant based exfoliants to scrub. We have bars to suit everyone's needs! If you're looking for a solid or conditioner bar, check out our hair collection instead.
To help you choose between all of our lovely soaps, we have put together a guide to find the best for your skins needs. All of our soaps are made from kind, gentle and plant based and are of course all and cruelty free. Some natural soaps contain beeswax, , and some typical high street soaps (made with ) also contain animal fat which is why we have brought together the best natural and bars to shop in one place. They are free from skin-irritant such as SLS/SLES and parabens.
We stock three brands of all-over-:
- Bean and Boy, a family-run business making by hand in Southend-on-Sea, UK. “We started making for our family when our daughter developed a mild form of eczema that was made worse by commercially-produced soaps and washes. We spent months researching, and tried out loads of different recipes and combinations to find the ones that work for our daughter’s skin – and for us too.” Stacey's hand made soaps take up to six weeks to cure. The soaps come wrapped in recycled kraft paper with naturally dyed yarn and recycled tags.
- Wild Sage & Co soaps are made in Julie's workshop in an old converted barn, surrounded by her traditional cottage garden. “We are a small family-run business hand crafting cold processed soaps and skin-loving balms from . We believe skin care should be simple and our derived from nature.” Each is wrapped in paper.
- Daze, made by Sharon, create soaps with , nourishing essential oils and botanicals. "Based in Devon, all our products are handmade and kind to the skin and planet".
We do also stock a cleansing specific for your face which you will find in our skincare collection and a number of soild and solid conditioner bars in out hair collection.
Our soaps are made with a , , Castor Oil, Responsibly Sourced Palm Oil and Avocado Oil. Plant based butters are super nourishing and our bars do not leave your skin feeling dry like many bars. of either (or a mix of) ,
Most of our bars are scented with to not only provide mind and mood boosting qualities, but skin benefits as well. However, if you have super or want to use a on your baby, opt for free.
A selection of our bars contain plant based exfoliants such as oat, poppy seeds, pumice and seaweed to gentle scrub your skin instead of micro-plastics. These soaps are not recommended to use on your face.
Our Bean & Boy soaps contain RSPO certified sustainable palm oil. Some people choose to shop palm oil free however we choose to still stock Bean & Boy soaps since their entire supply chain is traceable. Industry leaders are not calling for a complete palm oil boycott; palm oil is a high yielding crop and if every product containing palm oil switched to another oil overnight, the problem would just move, not disappear.
We stock , a vegetable-based made from from the Castile region of Spain. It's made from completely and free form animal fats and synthetic . It's non toxic and biodegradable. It can be used for cleaning counters, sinks, baths, showers, floors, toilets, dishes, washing clothes, people (including kids), pets and vegetables so long as it's adequately diluted and much more! Find out What is & How To Use It here.
All of our castile soaps can be used for all over body washing!
For and Babies
free, un fragranced and with the simplest skin loving , tried and tested on eczema prone skin amongst others.
- Simple Avocado & by Bean & Boy.
- Activated Charcoal by Bean & Boy (un fragranced).
- by Wild Sage & Co.
- Mama & Baby by Wild Sage & Co.
- Pure .
Gentle Bars For Your Face (and acne prone skin)
We stock soaps gentle enough to use on your face. We have selected our facial range below to help cleanse your face and keep impurities at bay. Please note, these are not for removing make up and should not be used specifically to remove eye make up. If you are looking for a specific cleansing bar, check out our zero waste cleansing bar or a cleansing oil to remove make up and daily grime.
- Activated Charcoal by Bean & Boy to help draw out impurities.
- Turmeric & Orange by Bean & Boy with anti inflammatory and anti bacterial properties.
- Green Clay & by Bean & Boy, detoxifying and anti bacterial.
- Rosemary & by Wild Sage & Co.
and Natural Solid
Any of our bar soaps make a great hand wash. Some our our favourites include Rose & Pink Clay by Bean & Boy and Orange & Frankincense by Wild Sage & Co.
- Grapefruit & by Bean & Boy - This is a happy and uplifting , with dried petals to exfoliate.
- Wildflower & Oats by Bean & Boy - A beautiful and fragrant two tone with oats and dried flowers to exfoliate.
- Peppermint & Coffee by Bean & Boy - This makes a great gardener's to scrub away the days dirt.
- Carrot & Olive Stone by Bean & Boy - This is extra scrubby and has been created as a foot scrub .
We have lots more too!
All of our bar soaps are made to wash your body, in the bath, shower or an over the sink job!
Any of our bars (except those with added exfoliants) can be used for shaving. Best used with a shaving brush, them up and brush the frothy on the desired area, however if you're in a rush, you can the up in your hands or directly on your body. Team them with a zero waste safety razor of course!
For shaving, we recommend our shaving soaps in a tin, especially if you are shaving intimate areas or your face and neck. We also stock a specific pH balanced for intimate ladies.
Natural Solid Bars For Travelling
- & Poppyseed by Bean & Boy- is a mild version of Citronella and helps keeps insects at bay. Although not as powerful, it's not an irritant which Citronella is to some.
- & TeaTree by Wild Sage & Co.
- Our Spearmint & Rosemary by Bean & Boy contains Apple Cider Vinegar so is great as a conditioner too which makes it the perfect travelling companion.
Whilst travelling, cut up or grate a bar of and take just what you need. You can also use our bars to make homemade hand or dish .