Recycle Your Beauty Products With Us
YOU CAN NOW RECYCLE YOUR BEAUTY PRODUCTS AT THE KIND STORE
To celebrate Plastic Free Beauty Day, we can now help you recycle your Beauty Products & Packaging with TerraCycle® via their Zero Waste Box™ solution.
HOW IT WORKS
- Purchase the recycling option on our website.
- We will send you one prepaid returns label.
- Return your beauty products and packaging waste to us - up to 10 items.
- We place it in the TerraCycle® Zero Waste Box™.
- We ship it to TerraCycle® in bulk where it is sorted, turned into plastic granules and transformed into new products.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?By purchasing this item for £5, you can send us up to 10 items for recycling by TerraCycle®. Please note, the majority of the cost charged by The Kind Store to our customers is for the returns postage label. We have heavily subsidised the cost of recycling your beauty products by TerraCycle®.
HOW DO MY PRODUCTS GET RECYCLED?Once your packaging/waste is sent to us and placed in the Zero Waste Box™, we ship it to TerraCycle® where it is sorted, turned into plastic granules and transformed into new products. So instead of being landfilled or incinerated, the contents of the box will be sorted and turned into raw materials that can be reused.
TerraCycle® is a highly-awarded and globally recognised recycling company that develops zero waste solutions for difficult-to-recycle waste streams.
Recycle Beauty Products & Packaging (10 units), £5.00
WHAT CAN I SEND FOR RECYCLING?This recycling scheme is specifically for Beauty Products and Packaging such as:
- Facial skincare: Lip balm tubes, face soap dispensers and tubes, lotion bottles, lotion tubes, lotion dispensers and jars, non-pressurized shaving foam tubes, lip gloss tubes.
- Makeup packaging: mascara tubes, eye liner pencils and cases, eye shadow tubes, concealer tubes and lipsticks.
- We accept any plastic, metal and soda-lime glass beauty packaging. Please do not dispose of broken glass in the box.
DO NOT SEND IN:
Aerosol cans and perfume bottles
Nail polish and nail polish remover bottles
Plant-based or biodegradable plastics (i.e. PLA), wood or bamboo products
Sheet masks for face, hands and feet
Any contents of the packaging
Hazardous waste (sharp, flammable, reactive, corrosive, ignitable, toxic, infectious or pathogenic) which presents a danger to the environment, or to people
Batteries, pressurized canisters, broken glass and medical waste
ZERO WASTE BOX SHIPPING NOTES
For the Zero Waste Box system to work effectively and safely, please follow these simple shipping guidelines on how and what you can ship back to us:
- Only send in items this system accepts. Sending in items that fall outside the selected category causes contamination and the need for added separation, which increase costs. This includes (but not limited to) liquid and food waste, cardboard, paper, compostable material such as PLA and PHA, mixed fibre fabric, borosilicate glass and electronic waste.
- Do not send in household items that may be considered hazardous waste. These include items such as lithium-ion batteries, pressurized canisters, pesticides, oil-based paint or medical sharps, organics, broken glass, biomedical waste, soiled nappies, or expired medication. Do not send in anything sharp, flammable, reactive, corrosive, ignitable, radioactive, toxic, infectious, or pathogenic.
- Do not ship dripping packages. Please make sure all excess product has been removed before putting it in your Zero Waste Box. If you choose to rinse your items, please note that the system must be completely dry prior to shipping.