Environmenstrual Week: The Problem With Period Plastic
Environmenstrual Week is lead by the charity WEN and is about encouraging a revolution for healthy eco-friendly menstrual products! By bringing to light the devastating impact of period plastic on our health and the environment, they make you want to take action.
Why take part in Environmenstrual Week?
- Make periods less of a taboo and something everyone can talk about openly. Let's help stop that feeling of embarrassment about something so natural and normal for most women.
- Push for legislation and transparency in the making of period products that are monopolising the markets that are full of harmful chemicals and plastics.
- Make sure everybody has access to a healthy and plastic free period.
- Bring an awareness and normalcy to reusables and plastic free period products.
Envrironmenstrual week is for everyone to get involved, whether you have a period or not!
So you ask, how can I get involved?
- Donate a period product, just add this product to your basket and we collect and donate to a trusted charity.
- Make the switch, try reusables or organic disposables.
- Be an activist & sign petition to Remove the VAT on period pants and many more.
- Have fun and get creative by making your own pads or check out WEN for more ideas.
- Share on socials.
But whatever you decide to do have fun with it!
For more information on why you should take part and what you can do to get involved take a look at WEN's Environmenstrual Week page.
The Kind Store team try and test all products that we stock, so you can be certain that what you are buying is high quality, works well and loved by us. We source all products using our ethos via our sustainable principles, so you can trust that what you are buying is kind to animals, people and planet. We stock items from UK independent makers and suppliers to ensure our products are eco-friendly. Discover hundreds of vegan, natural, sustainable and cruelty-free products.