Draft: What is a Herbal Oil & How To Use Them
Each has unique therapeutic properties, fragrance, beautiful colour and a wide range of uses.
organic triple infused oils.
How To Use Them
Can be applied directly onto the desired area or used in various oil blends, skin care formulations or added to shampoos and conditioners. Shake well before use. People with hypersensitive skin as well as pregnant and breastfeeding women should refrain from using Arnica Oil. Keep away from the children.
rnica is an alpine herb with a long history of use in folk medicine. Arnica Oil contains helenalin, a potent anti-inflammatory compound, making it a must-have for any natural first aid kit and a perfect remedy for many common bodily woes.
+ Arnica Oil can help to reduce pain and disease-causing inflammation when applied to skin.
+ Handy for all kinds of bruises, aches and sprains. Arnica helps to relieve areas of stiffness resulting from flying or long-distance driving.
+ Topical arnica oil application may clear sebum oil and other debris on your scalp that can block hair follicles. It may also reduce inflammation that causes itching and irritation and leads to hair loss.
- As a fantastic complement for a sports massage.
- As a natural ingredient for professional and homemade skincare products.
- To use in hair, rub into scalp and hair, put a shower cap and a towel for warming effect, leave for at least 30 mins or as overnight treatment, wash thoroughly. Add Cayenne Pepper Oil, Horsetail Oil and Nettle Oil for a powerful hair growth treatment.
- Add to shampoo (5-10ml oil:100ml shampoo).
- For bruises, aches and to relief stiffness rub Arnica Oil directly into the affected area. It can be supplemented with essential oils such as Hyssop, Coriander, Chamomile and Eucalyptus for additional benefits.
Organic Calendula Oil is an extremely soothing and nourishing product with a vibrant tangerine colour and a subtle aroma. Your skin will receive a good bulk of the benefits, thanks to the oil's anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and related properties:
+ Skin dryness or chapping - Calendula Oil is a great moisturiser for dry skin and for severely chapped or split skin, it helps soothe the area and reduce the pain.
+ Inflammation - It works well on sprained muscles or bruises; its anti-inflammatory action helps lessen swelling from injury. Calendula Oil also helps treat varicose veins, leg ulcers and chilblains.
+ Baby care - Calendula Oil helps to relieve diaper rashes, which can extremely irritate an infant.
+ Minor cuts and wounds - The antiseptic and antimicrobial action of this herbal oil help speed up healing of wounds and minor cuts, and also help relieve insect bites, acne and bed sores.
+ Inflammatory Skin issues - Psoriasis, dermatitis and other skin problems can be soothed using Calendula Oil.
- As a fantastic complement for any kind of therapeutic massages.
- For daily SPA treatments and body care rituals.
- As a ready cosmetic and body care products enrichment.
- As a natural ingredient for professional and homemade skincare products, soap making and aromatherapy.
- As moisturising body oil, massage the oil into your skin after shower or bath.
- To use in hair, rub into hands and massage evenly into scalp and the whole hair length if desired, brush, put a shower cap on and leave for at least 30 mins, wash thoroughly.
- Calendula Oil can be supplemented with essential oils such as Chamomile, Patchouli, and Rose to help with eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis and similar skin conditions.
Cayenne Pepper Oil
Cayenne Pepper Oil has a red colour and a faint spicy aroma.
+ Pain Relief - Capsaicin, an active component in Cayenne Pepper is effective at reducing all types of pain: muscle pain, back ache, joint pain, etc.
- As a fantastic complement for sports massages.
- As a natural ingredient for professional and homemade skincare products and soap making.
- To use as pain relief treatment, mix Cayenne Pepper Oil with Arnica Oil or Nettle Oil. Massage oil mixture directly into the affected area. Essential Oils such as Black Pepper, Ginger, Mint and Rosemary can be added for additional benefits.
- Add Cayenne Pepper Oil straight to your shampoo (5 ml oil:100 ml shampoo), shake well before each use. Not recommended for blond or white hair due to oil’s colour.
- For scalp treatment mix Cayenne Pepper Oil with Arnica Oil and Horsetail Oil, you can add essential oils such as Rosemary, Sage, Ginger, Yarrow and Chamomile for added benefits. Rub oil mix into scalp, put a shower cap and a towel for warming effect, leave for at least 30 mins or as overnight treatment, wash thoroughly.
Organic Horsetail Oil has been extracted from a Horsetail Plant - a unique and rare plant that absorbs from earth silica, other valuable minerals and nutrients. This Horsetail Oil has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that are powerful agents for skin care.
+ Skin Care - Horsetail Oil helps to heal cuts and wounds, treats rashes and haemorrhoids. Using Horsetail Oil can reduce the redness of boils and acne, soothe eczema and psoriasis, treat burns and prevent premature ageing.
+ Hair Care - Horsetail Oil helps to reduce hair loss, strengthens hair follicles, treats frizzy or dry hair, helps to make the hair silky and soft, fights dandruff and prevents split ends, promotes new hair growth, treats itchy scalp.
+ This herbal oil strengthens and promotes nail growth.
- To use in hair, rub into scalp and hair, put a shower cap and a towel for warming effect, leave for at least 30 mins or as overnight treatment, wash thoroughly.
- Use a few drops of Horsetail Oil daily to prevent split ends or put a bit of oil on washed damp hair before blow drying to seal the moisture.
- Add 5-10ml of oil on every 100ml of shampoo/conditioner.
- Rub Horsetail Oil into cuticles and nails as a night treatment or use for hot oil manicure treatment (the oil shouldn't be overheated).
Organic Lavender Oil aroma is one of a kind and cannot be mistaken with anything else. The most versatile oil of all has a beautiful rich green colour. Health benefits for the skin can be attributed to its antiseptic, anti-fungal, calming and relaxing properties.
+ Skin Care - Lavender Oil treats acne, wrinkles, soothes psoriasis and other inflammatory conditions. It is commonly used to speed up the healing process of wounds, cuts, burns, and sunburns as it improves the formation of scar tissues.
+ Boosts blood circulation.
+ Bug Repellent; effective on lice, lice eggs, and nits.
+ Calming and relaxing aroma can help to get a good night sleep.
- Lavender Oil has a calming effect that helps to have a better night sleep. Use as a body or face oil or massage a bit into scalp and hair just before going to bed.
- To repel lice apply Lavender Oil to dry and clean hair, and cover the head with a shower cap. Leave for several hours. Repeat the same treatment after 7 days. You can add Tea Tree essential oil for better results.
- Apply Lavender Oil directly on mild burns and sunburns, scratches and wounds.
Marshmallow Root Oil
Organic Marshmallow Root Oil is the finest emollient of a light yellow colour and a viscous consistency due to mucilage substance extracted from marshmallow root. The root extract contains a number of other ingredients that promote skin health, such as polysaccharides and flavonoids. It is a very light fast absorbent oil that will suit all skin and hair types.
+Skin Care - Marshmallow Root Oil can provide relief from dry and irritable skin conditions and helps soften the skin. Treats wounds, bruises, scalds, and cools the burns.
+Hair Care - Marshmallow Root Oil acts as a natural conditioner and de-tangler.
- Massage a few drops of Marshmallow Root Oil onto your face, apply after washing your face or after steam facial. You can add a few drops of Rose, Jasmine or Chamomile essential oils.
- Put oil directly on the affected area to cool burns and sunburns, you can mix with Lavender Oil for best results.
- To use as a natural de-tangler and as a leave-in treatment rub a few drops of oil into washed damp hair.
- Add 5-10 ml of oil to 100 ml of conditioner, shake well.
The fresh leaves from where Nettle Oil is extracted contain a wide range of constituents, including plant sterols, glycosides, carotenoids, carbonic and formic acids, vitamins (B, C, and K), minerals, also rich in chlorophyll, iron and silica.
+ Chemical elements in Nettle Oil help to alleviate pain and stiffness in joints.
+ Nettle oil is used for treating haemorrhoids and inflammatory skin conditions.
+ This herbal oil promotes healthy hair growth and adds shine to your hair.
+ Nettle Oil has great moisturising capabilities that can help to reduce and prevent wrinkles.
- To relief pain and skin inflammations such as dermatitis massage Nettle Oil directly into the affected area.
- Massage a few drops of Nettle Oil into your face as anti-wrinkle and moisturising treatment, best to use on washed clean face or after facial steaming. You can supplement Nettle Oil with a few drops of Rose and Orange Blossom essential oils.
- To use in hair, rub into hands and massage evenly into scalp and hair, brush, put a shower cap and leave for at least 30 mins, wash thoroughly.
- Add to shampoos and conditioners (5-10ml oil:100ml shampoo/conditioner).
- A few drops of Nettle Oil can be rubbed daily to your hair to prevent split ends.
St John's Wort Oil
St John's Wort Oil is extracted from the buds and flowers of a perennial plant that is native to Britain. It is a powerful oil of a deep red colour that has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. Applied topically St John's Wort Oil is useful for mild burns (including sunburn), bruising, haemorrhoids, varicose veins, minor wounds, sores and ulcers, fibromyalgia, muscle & joint aches, neuralgia, sciatica and fibrositis.
Use Apply directly onto the desired area or blend with other oils (blends particularly well with Calendula Oil) or use in balms and creams.
Wildcrafted Linden Blossom Oil
Linden tree produces its small, sweetly scented white flowers, that are harvested in June. This golden coloured oil with a nectarous aroma is packed with antioxidants and antiviral properties.
+ Skin care - Linden Oil is an excellent choice for all skin conditions, especially those related to stress. Acne, psoriasis and generally irritated and inflamed skin all respond well to blends with linden oil.
+ Rejuvenating - promotes radiant and youthful appearance.
+ Calming - for body and mind.
+ Effective stress buster.
+ Hair care - excellent nourishing properties make Linden Oil a wonderful addition to shampoos and other hair care products.
- Massage a few drops of Linden Blossom Oil into your clean face or steam facial.
- To use as a natural de-tangler and as a leave-in treatment rub a few drops of oil into washed damp hair.
- Add 5-10ml of oil to 100ml shampoo/conditioner, shake well.