This EXTRA LARGE size Sponge Cloth is perfect for cleaning up those really big messes and for use as a dish drying mat. (The extra large size is the largest of the three sponge cloths in the third product photo).
Bioegradeable sponge cloths by Ten & Co. Made from cellulose (wood pulp) & cotton composition, they are 100% biodegradable and can be thrown away with compostable waste. A staple in Swedish kitchens for over 60 years and they can absorb 15x their own weight in liquid and replace the use of up to 17 rolls of paper towel, reducing plastic packaging and overall waste in landfills.
How to Use
- We suggest wetting the dry cloth and squeezing out all of the moisture before using. This will help the mat lay flat for use, have no fear- there is still plenty of moisture sucking ability left!
- They clean all kitchen and bath surfaces without streaking. Great for granite, stainless steel, laminate, glass top stoves, car cleaning, exterior cleaning or soaking up extra big messes, the list is endless. This mat is also perfect for placing damp, under a cutting board for a slip resistant cutting surface!
- The cloth is naturally anti-bacterial due to its quick drying ability which means no 'dish cloth' smell!
- Lifespan: Your cloth's lifespan is dependent on how you use your cloth and personal preference. Typically 2-3 months with average wear and tear, but these cloth's can be used up to 6-12 months or 200 wash cycles.
*Please Note: Because of the large size of this cloth, it is possible it may become caught in the washing machine or dishwasher and cause tearing. We recommend washing by hand with antibacterial dish soap or laundry detergent, wringing out and laying flat to dry. Alternatively you can boil the cloth for 10-15 minutes to kill bacteria, allow to cool and wring out to dry as usual (do not leave unattended!). Soaking in a vinegar/water or bleach/water solution will also work!
- Vegan, Zero waste, Plastic Free and Compostable Product
- Specifics Size: 40 cm x 30 cm [15.75" x 11.75"]
- How To Care: Rinse well after use to prevent discolouration. Pop in the top rack of the dishwasher (up to 90 degree Celsius).
- How to dispose: Compostablerin your home composted or simply in the ground. The sponge could also be cut up and used as matting or a super sponge in the garden to keep plants hydrated.
My new favourite every day cloth for wiping surfaces, spillages and just about anything really! The prints make them a little more exciting than your usual sponge too.
If you need something a little more abrasive, please do check out the Organic Cotton & Jute Scrubbing Cloths.