OrganiCup is the award-winning menstrual cup that replaces pads and tampons. It's easier, healthier, smarter, month after month. I have chosent to stock OrganiCup as not only are they THE bestseller they are certified by The Vegan Society too and are packaged in a cotton pouch and cardboard box.
OrganiCup holds up to 3 tampons worth and can be worn for up to 12 hours = Forget about your period during the day. And the night.
OrganiCup is made of 100% soft medical-grade silicone that doesn't mess with your body. OrganiCup last years, not hours = No constant waste and no monthly purchases.
Three sizes are available.
- Size A = Not Given Birth Vaginally.
- Size B = Given Birth Vaginally.
- Mini = For Teens or those that need a smaller size.
Here are five simple steps to use a menstrual cup:
1. Before the first use sterilize the cup in boiling water for 3-5 minutes.
2. Fold the cup and insert the folded cup. There are many ways to fold the cup, we recommend the Punch Down fold and the C-fold. Once the entire cup is inside of you, simply let it pop open.
3. Reach in and feel around the base of the cup – it should feel round or oval and not have any noticeable folds. If you feel any dents, gently grip the base of the cup (not the stem) and rotate it to make it unfold.
4. Remove the menstrual cup. Pull slightly on the stem while using your abdominal muscles to push the OrganiCup downwards until you can reach the base. Give the base of the cup a pinch to release the suction and ease it out. Avoid removing your menstrual cup by pulling the stem as this might cause discomfort.
5. Empty and re-insert.
It may take you a few days or a few periods to become comfortable with the cup. Experiment with different folding and insertion techniques – and don’t worry, you’ll soon become a dedicated cup convert!
Check out OrganiCup's YouTube step-by-step instructional video that has already over 2 million views on YouTube.
How do I clean the OrganiCup?
During menstruation, you must simply rinse your OrganiCup with water when you empty the cup and before reinsertion. You don’t need to sterilise your cup between uses while on your period. You will need to sterilise your OrganiCup after your period:
- In a pot, boil the OrganiCup in water for 5-7 minutes.
If you don’t have access to boiling water:
- Use OrganiWipes, which are made specifically for disinfecting your cup when you don’t have access to boiling water.
How do I remove staining/discolouration from my OrganiCup? Discolouration of your OrganiCup is due to the residual build-up and it is very normal. However, it is possible to make it look “as new” again with the following steps:
- Buy some hydrogen peroxide 2% either online or in your local pharmacy/drugstore
- In a bowl, mix 1/2 water and 1/2 hydrogen peroxide. Submerge the cup and leave it overnight in the mixture.
How do I clean OrganiCup in public toilets?
When cleaning the OrganiCup between uses, you must clean it with cold running tap water. If you’re traveling and do not have access to clean running water for longer periods of time, make sure to bring some bottled water with you or use a disinfecting wipe such as an OrganiWipe. If you don’t have either, you can simply wipe it clean with toilet paper and clean it once you have access to a bathroom.
If you wish to find out more about the products that are available to begin/continue your plastic-free period journey, please do take a look at our Plastic Free Periods blog post. It contains everything you need to know!