It's been really hard to find superfoods that come in reusable and easily recyclabe packaging. They are usuaully packaged in plastic which is almost always non-recyclable so I am very pleased to be a stockist of Superfoodies. The powders come in a tin wihout any plastic wrapping inside. The tin is perfect for upcycling too - from diy makeup to a soap tin whilst travelling.
180g Raw cacao nibs – the tastiest pieces of pure raw chocolate. These raw cacao nibs from Superfoodies contain a variety of vitamins and minerals, and, unlike ordinary cacao, are totally unrefined and free from sugar and milk.Product benefits
- Boasts an intense flavour and rich aroma
- Made from raw cacao beans that are dried at low temperatures and roughly chopped
- Contains vitamins, minerals, fibre, essential fatty acids and other nutrients, including magnesium, iron, chromium, manganese, zinc, copper, vitamin C and omega-6 fatty acids
- Contains almost no caffeine and a small amount of tryptophan, theobromine, anandamide and theophylline of an exceptionally pure quality and thus free from mycotoxins, fungi and yeasts
- Dried and processed at a low temperature
- Completely pure and contains no added fillers or sugars Lactose free
- Suitable for vegetarians, vegans and raw foods enthusiasts
- Certified organic by "Organic Farmers & Growers", the leading organic certification organisation in Great Britain
Suggested Use: Superfoodies cacao nibs can be enjoyed just as they are or combined with nuts, goji berries, camu camu berries or other dried fruits. Delicious as a snack, dessert topping or added to trail mix, and the perfect ingredient in a variety of cooked or raw treats.
Origins: “Mother Nature has already done the leg work, we simply package the results”, reads the slogan from Superfoodies, thesuperfood brand for those who yearn to feel fit and stay healthy.If you’re someone who wishes to lead a healthy lifestyle, buy organic products and enjoy regular sports and/or exercise, then Superfoodies is for you! And regardless of whether you’re a devoted superfood fan already, or have only just discovered superfoods and are not too sure what to do with them, Superfoodies make it easy. Superfoodies show just how delicious healthy eating can really be, with their tempting range of ready-made raw food/superfood products (including smoothie mixes and granola) and a selection of delicious recipes. Superfoodies are making healthy eating fun, simple and delicious! Superfoodies firmly believe in the power of nature - that’s why each and every Superfoodies product is unprocessed, never heated above 42 degrees (raw food) and certified organic. In addition, Superfoodies clearly communicate the origin of their superfoods, always choose for sustainable and ethical suppliers, are open about their ingredients, and honest about the composition and preparation of their products.
Quantity and Dosage: Enjoy 1-2 teaspoons (3-6 grams) of raw cacao nibs daily. One bag of Facts The Kuna Indians who live on Panama's San Blas islands benefit from an extremely low blood pressure, that doesn’t rise with age. An analysis of their lifestyle uncovered one common factor: the Kuna regularly enjoy large quantities of a special drink prepared from unroasted cacao Raw cacao is often used in both traditional Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine, particularly for the heart, kidneys and spleen Raw cacao has a cooling effect, but is warming in high doses.
Ingredients: 100% certified organic raw cacao nibs.
Do not buy raw cacao if you are allergic to caffeine or other substances found in cacao. Always read the enclosed leaflet carefully before deciding to eat raw cacao. Package in an area where nuts are processed.For allergens, see ingredients highlighted in bold in the ingredients list. Products may contain trace amounts other ingredients if produced in a mixed environment
Although we make every effort to ensure this information is correct and accurate, we cannot be held liable in instances where it is incorrect.
Always read the label on the product when you receive it, and react to the manufacturers guidelines.
Rare side effects
- Can cause digestive problems such as stomach pain, nausea and constipation.
- Contains theobromine, theophylline and caffeine, all of which have a stimulating effect. Therefore, use raw cacao in moderation if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or suffer from anxiety disorders.
- Always consult your doctor before you order raw cacao, particularly if you have raised blood sugar levels or suffer from diabetes, irritable bowel syndrome, gastro-oesophageal reflux disease or migraines or if you have a cardiac arrhythmia (tachyarrhythmia).
- Stop eating raw cacao at least two weeks prior to surgery, as this product can influence blood sugar levels during or after surgery.