Say hello to Neighbourhood Botanicals latest launch, a sign of the times, a calming serum for angry skin, Simmer Down Serum!
Time and time again they have been asked specifically to make an oil for oily skin, those suffering with breakouts, stress pimples, flareups... Simmer Down Serum was formulated especially for you.
This is a potent thin serum, jam-packed with plant actives to help keep bacteria in check and calm down misbehaving skin, with a unique INCI list of unrivalled quality.
- The oils in this blend are raw and cold-pressed, extracted without chemical solvents and unrefined to preserve the maximum potency of the plants.
- Suitable for oily skin, and those prone to redness and breakouts.
- Quickly absorbed serum with no lasting oily film.
- This serum draws from traditional herbal staples for their supreme nourishment, and antibacterial, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- All natural, no synthetics!
- Size: 30ml.
- Vegan, cruelty free and uses recyclable packaging.
- Made small-batch in London UK.
- Independently female owned.
- Synthetic parfum and fragrance free. Scent from essential oils.
The oil extracts in this blend have been carefully selected for different reasons:
- Chaulmoogra: Long used in traditional Eastern healing for skin inflictions. Unique antimicrobial acid profile of chaulmoogric acid, gorlic acid, and most importantly hydnocarpic acid, used to treat skin lesions.
- Hemp: Shown to soothe inflammation, has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- Tomato: A zero-waste oil produced from seeds discarded in the food production process. Improves the smoothness of the skin, and can reduce hyper-pigmentation and scarring.
- Dragon Fruit: Anti-Inflammation, skin smoothing and firming.
- Radish: Another zero-waste oil full of vitamin C and shown to have anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
- Castor*: A unique oil with a thick feeling but ultimately drying (astringent) effect on the skin, helping to regulate oily skin.
- Plum: A zero-waste oil from the fruit industry. Antioxidant-rich and soothing.
- Eucalyptus: Little Aussie classic for clarifying mind and skin alike. Antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory.
- Vetiver: Antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory. Used in aromatherapy to promote tranquility.
- Rosemary Antioxidant: An antioxidant added to stop the oils going rancid.
- Verbena: Antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory. Up-lifting.
- Sage: Antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory. Calming.
*This one oil (castor bean oil) is refined because the cold-pressed version has a really awful pungent aroma!How to use
Best applied on a damp clean face, so the oils can trap the moisture into your skin. Just warm a few drops up between your fingers, then pat into skin.
Oils may be used alone, or on top of your normal moisturiser for an extra vitamin and moisture boost. Facial oils naturally curb greasiness and help skin maintain a healthy pH balance.Ingredients
*natural compounds of the blends’ essential oils