Herbowski's Organic Horsetail Plant Oil has been extracted from a Horsetail Plant - a unique and rare plant that absorbs from earth silica, other valuable minerals and nutrients. This Horsetail Oil has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that are powerful agents for skin care. This oil has a faint grassy smell and is dark green. Infused with Jojoba Oil, our herbal oils can applied directly onto the skin and hair.
What are Infused Oils? Also known as Macerated Oils, they are simply carrier oils such as Jojoba or Olive Oil that have been used as a solvent to extract the therapeutic properties of a certain plant or plants. Since the plant material has already been mixed with a carrier oil, they can be used directly on skin unlike essential oils. Use on their own, add to your existing products to maximize particular benefits or create your own diy beauty products with our herbal oil infusions as a base.
- Skin care: Horsetail Oil helps to heal cuts and wounds, treats rashes and haemorrhoids. Using Horsetail Oil can reduce the redness of boils and acne, soothe eczema and psoriasis, treat burns and prevent premature ageing.
- Hair care: Horsetail Oil helps to reduce hair loss, strengthens hair follicles, treats frizzy or dry hair, helps to make the hair silky and soft, fights dandruff and prevents split ends, promotes new hair growth, treats itchy scalp.
- Nail care: This herbal oil strengthens and promotes nail growth.
Can be applied directly onto the desired area or added to shampoos and conditioners, soaps, massage oils, lotions, bath bombs, creams, ointments, facial toners, lip balms, salves, aftershaves, scrubs, and natural nail care products.
- Packaged in an aluminium bottle with a screw cap.
- Keep away from children.
- Seek advice if pregnant or breastfeeding.
- See the benefits of our full range of Herbal Infused Oils...Nine Herbal Infused Oils For Your Skin and Beauty Routine
To use: Shake well before use.Hair
- Rub into scalp and hair, put a shower cap and a towel for warming effect, leave for at least 30 mins or as overnight treatment, wash thoroughly.
- Use a few drops of Horsetail Oil daily to prevent split ends or put a bit of oil on washed damp hair before blow drying to seal the moisture.
- Add 5-10ml of oil on every 100ml of shampoo/conditioner.
- Rub into cuticles and nails as a night treatment or use for hot oil manicure treatment (the oil shouldn't be overheated).
Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail)* Extracted in Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Tocopherol (Vitamin E)* Non-GMO *Certified Organic.Method of extraction
Infusion (Maceration):A process of triple maceration has been applied, which means that plant matter was replaced three times into the same solvent (Organic Jojoba Oil) for the purpose of extracting maximum amount of beneficial properties. The process of extraction works by molecular diffusion, which is very slow, so it takes a few months to obtain a premium infusion.