This exciting, root-stimulating scalp scrub will revitalise your haircare routine. Use pre-shampoo, twice a week, this vibrant fuchsia scrub invigorates hair roots, exfoliates and preps the scalp for optimal hair growth. This beauty will saturate your hair strands with pure nourishment and fill your shower with peppermint aromatherapy.
Why you might need this scalp scrub
Your scalp is literally ground zero for the state of your hair. So, let’s start there. A healthy scalp is the terrain on which your hair will flourish, yet it is so often overlooked when it comes to our haircare routines. When your scalp is balanced, unclogged and stimulated, you are setting the stage for optimal hair growth and condition.
Don’t forget that your scalp is just like the rest of your skin in the sense that it absorbs what you massage onto it. It makes sense to choose products with healthy ingredients that serve a purpose; improving scalp health with regular use, soothing, hydrating, relieving itchiness and giving dry strands a moisture boost.
- Created for all hair types.
- Stimulates the scalp, softens hair, dissolves scalp build-up and reduces flakes/itchiness.
- Natural ingredients for hair growth and repair: Hibiscus flowers/leaves, Peppermint oil, Coconut oil, Castor Seed oil.
- 100% Natural and biodegradable.
- Free from: Sulphates, silicones, DMDM, synthetic perfume/colour.
- Plastic free, 100% recyclable packaging.
- Cruelty free & vegan.
- Hibiscus Flowers: A quick Google search for “Hibiscus for Hair Growth” will reveal a plethora of results and YouTube videos. But according to a clinical in-vivo study, Hibiscus flower and leaf extract has been scientifically proven to stimulate hair growth in animal trials when applied topically. Hibiscus is also naturally acidic and reduces greasiness and excess build up.
- Organic Coconut Oil: As well as being a natural DHT blocker, coconut oil is brimming with essential fatty acids that deliver a healthy dose of moisture, penetrating the hair shaft and helping to repair stressed hair strands. Coconut oil also has mild antipruritic, antiseptic and keratolytic (compounds that break down the outer layers of thick skin) properties. It is widely recommended for the treatment of scaly skin disorders of the scalp such as psoriasis, eczema, seborrhoeic dermatitis and dandruff.
- Organic Peppermint Oil: Aside from smelling delicious, Peppermint oil is one of the best natural ingredients for stimulating hair growth and keeping the scalp happy and healthy. Studies show that applying peppermint essential oil topically increases the depth, size, and number of hair follicles in animal trials.
- Organic Castor Seed Oil: There is plenty of anecdotal evidence that castor seed oil encourages hair growth, but we like to focus more on its potent moisturising and gloss-giving properties. Castor seed oil is a thick, almost sap-like oil that penetrates and protects the hair strands, leaving them with a beautiful shine. It’s high in ricinoleic acid, which helps balance the pH of your scalp, and restore it from damage caused by harsh ingredients (like Sulphates, SLS).
- Himalayan Pink Salt: A scalp scrub just wouldn’t be scrubby without some beautiful Himalayan Pink Salt! Himalayan pink salt is not the same as sea salt, which is nice but can be contaminated by ocean pollution. Instead it’s a rock salt mined from huge salt crystal protrusions in the Khewra Salt Mines of Pakistan. All true Hymalayan Pink Salt comes from these salt mines. They are one of Pakistans most esteemed resources and largest natural exports. Pink salt improves scalp health by exfoliating, loosening and dissolving product build up and dandruff as well as stimulate circulation, which is what sluggish hair follicles need. It also absorbs excess oil and moisture, which helps prevent dandruff in the future.
How to Use
We recommend using this Hibiscus-Mint Stimulating Root Care twice a week, pre-shampoo. Wet your hair, then scoop up a dollop of scrub into your palm. Gently massage onto your scalp for 2 minutes, using a circular motion. You may find it easier to flip your head over to get to the back if you have long/thick hair. Rinse with warm water and follow with the natural hair growth Caffeine & Rosemary Shampoo and Coconut & Sesame Conditioner.Ingredients
^Sodium Chloride (Himalayan Pink Salt), *^Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) oil, *Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) oil, Euphorbia Cerifera(Candelilla wax) cera, Aqua, **Coco-glucoside (coconut-derived), ^Hibiscus Sabdariffa Flowers/Leaves, *Mentha Puperiata (Peppermint) oil, ^Citric Acid, **Decyl Glucoside (coconut-derived), +Limonene. (*Certified Organic, **Biodegradable, ^Food Grade, +Occurs Naturally in Essential Oils).