Silvan Skincare's Muscle Balm is a muscle and joint restoring vegan massage balm. It is packed with organic oils, shea butter, comfrey, arnica, marjoram, eucalyptus and cedarwood to ease out muscle tension. Massage gently into sore, tired or tight muscles and joints.
- Certified as cruelty free under the Leaping Bunny programme
- Registered with the Vegan Society.
- No parabens, silicones or mineral oils.
- No synthetic fragrances or colourings.
- Comes in 60ml glass container with aluminium lid.
- Beauty Shortlist Awards 2019 – COMMENDED
- Shea butter: This organic shea butter is sourced from a women’s cooperative in Ghana. Shea butter moisturises the skin and restores elasticity. Its protective and healing properties make it especially suitable for dry and damaged skin.
- Olive oil: A classic organic oil offering nourishing, softening and protective properties to relieve dry and chapped skin.
- Arnica Oil: A hugely bebeneficial herb used widely to help reduce inflammation and soothe over-used muscles and joints.
- Sweet Marjoram: Steam distilled from the dried flowers and leaves making an oil perfect for cramps, muscle aches and pains. Sweet marjoram is also a diuretic so can help to clear soft tissue congestion.
Comfrey oil: This is a maceration of organic comfrey leaves in cold-pressed organic sunflower oil with rosemary antioxidant. With natural anti-inflammatory properties, comfrey is wonderful for use after activity to aid tired muscles and joints.
How to use
Use to ease out tension in sore, tired or tight muscles and joints. Scoop out about a teaspoon of balm, rub together in palms, massage gently into skin.
Top tip: Massage towards your heart to help the drainage of waste fluids in the muscles.
For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep out of the reach of children. Because this product contains essential oils test it on a small area of skin first.
Prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil*, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil*, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil*, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter*, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) cera, symphytum officinale leaf extract, arnica montana flower extract*, tocopherol (vitamin E), origanum majorana (marjoram) leaf oil*, cedrus atlantica (cedar) bark oil*, eucalyptus smith leaf oil*, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract*, d-limonene°.
*organic, °natural component of essential oil
About Silvan Skincare
Marian, the founder of Silvan Skincare was a trained massage therapist and she was looking for a product that added something to the hands-on work she was doing. There wasn’t anything that worked for me in the way I wanted.
She was taught by her stepmother how to make creams and the techniques and subtleties of blending plant oils. The range came from here and she subsequently discovered that the oils were a wonderful alternative to body lotion.
Marian's ethos is to create gentle skincare products that are truly natural and don't irritate or harm the body or the environment.