This Lemon Balm Hydrolat made by Conscious Skincare is an organic floral water which is great for refreshing tired, sluggish skin. This facial toner is especially beneficial for oily and problem skin types. It helps to cleanse, tighten and boost with a refreshing fragrance!
- It awakens and tones your facial skin, and is especially beneficial for problematic skin types. It is also great to use in the morning to refresh, tone, and calm your mind!
- Steam distillation of the Melissa/Lemon balm herb gives the highest quality and 100% natural scent with no added parfum/fragrance.
- Also has great anti-inflammatory benefits which help calm irritated skin.
- This toner for oily skin is also alcohol free, unlike many other skin toners. It is also suitable for normal skin types.
- Has fantastic calming properties, helping to reduce stress levels with a light floral scent.
- It is a handy size to keep in your handbag for a quick spritz, whilst at the gym, or on holiday.
- Comes packaged in an aluminium bottle.
- Size: 100ml.
- Dimensions: 11cm x 4cm.
Removes final traces of make-up, skin toner, cooling mist (in the summer or on holiday).How To Use
Use mornings and at night, as required. Press pump and apply hydrolat to cotton pad. Sweep over face to remove final traces of make up.Ingredients
Organic melissa officinalis floral water *. * certified organic.
What is a Hydrolat/Hydrosol?
Hydrolats, also known as Hydrosols are botanical extracts that are harvested using the traditional method of steam distillation, the same method used to make most essential oils. Hydrosol's are also known as Floral Waters, Distillates, Hydrolats or Aromatic Waters. The aromatic waters we have used are produced by distilling Orange Blossom and Witch Hazel leaves and bark.
They are created in a still that contains fresh water and plant material which is slowly heated. As the steam rises, it passes through the botanical material carrying particles of essential oil and phytonutrients through the still. As this nourishing vapour cools, through this alchemical process it condenses in the form of an aromatic water (now a Hydrosol) along with its essential oil counterpart. Most of the essential oil will rise to the top, leaving the Hydrosol with micro-particles of essential oil locked within the water.
Hydrosol's contain a small amount of the essential oil from the plant and the water soluble constituents in the plant material which have various medicinal and cosmetic properties. Aromatic waters are much less concentrated than essential oils and are safe to use undiluted. Their aromas are often soft and subtle when compared to their essential oil counterpart, they usually have a scent similar to their essential oil, but also can have a milder and greener note.
Hydrosol's are an ancient holistic tool and ritual. Alchemists have performed botanical healing distillations, in one form or another, for thousands of years. There is evidence of their use in ancient texts, with delicate rose water being the most prominent. In ancient Egypt, their properties and beneficial effects on the skin were well known and Cleopatra was known to be very fond of them.
Conscious Skincare products are cruelty free, free from all synthetic preservatives, paragons, phthalates and sodium laureate sulphate. They are approved by the Vegetarian Society, PET and carries the Leaping Bunny Cruelty Free logo. Plus, they were recently awarded one of the highest scores for their toner range, out of 70 brands, by Ethical Consumer.