Biodegradeable sponge cloths by Ten & Co. Made from cellulose (wood pulp) & cotton composition, they are 100% biodegradable and can be thrown away with compostable waste. A staple in Swedish kitchens for over 60 years and they can absorb 15x their own weight in liquid (up to 3/4 of a cup) and replace the use of up to 17 rolls of paper towel, reducing plastic packaging and overall waste in landfills. Available in six patterns.
- Vegan, Zero waste, Plastic Free and Compostable Product
- Specifics Size: 17 cm x 20 cm
- How to Use: They clean all kitchen and bath surfaces without streaking. Great for granite, stainless steel, laminate and glass top stoves. The cloth is naturally anti-bacterial due to its quick drying ability which means no 'dish cloth' smell! Lifespan: Your cloth's lifespan is dependent on how you use your cloth and personal preference. Typically 2-3 months with average wear and tear, but these cloth's can be used up to 6-12 months or 200 wash cycles.
- How To Care: Rinse well after use to prevent discolouration. Sanitize in the washing machine (air dry) or in the top rack of the dishwasher (up to 90 degree Celsius).
- How to dispose: Compostablerin your home composted or simply in the ground. The sponge could also be cut up and used as matting or a super sponge in the garden to keep plants hydrated.
My new favourite every day cloth for wiping surfaces, spillages and just about anything really! The prints make them a little more exciting than your usual sponge too.
If you need something a little more abrasive, check out our ful range of kitchen and cleaning cloths and sponges.