Beautifully rich and absorbs well. Helps to promote skin softness and suppleness. Great for mature skin and can benefit problem skin types.
Rich yellow colour with a slight nutty fragrance. It is light in nature with a nice texture and absorbs well into your skin. This is a fantastic anti-aging oil and can also benefit problem skin conditions like acne and eczema.
Evening Primrose (oenothera biennis) is a common plant with yellow flowers which only open in the evening, hence the name. Cold pressing the seeds produces Evening Primrose Oil and ensures the maximum nutrients are retained.
- Certified Organic by the Soil Association and 100% pure.
- Cold pressed to ensure the highest amount of beneficial properties are retained. If heat is used during the processing it can reduce or destroy the key active ingredients.
- Comes packaged in an aluminium bottle with 100% biodegradable paper label.
- Size: 100ml.
- Suitable for Vegans and approved by the Vegetarian Society and PETA. Conscious Skincare have the Leaping Bunny Cruelty Free logo on all their products.
- See our Guide to Carrier Oils and the benefits of each carrier oil list on one page for ease here, The Best Carrier Oils For Your Skin and Haircare Routine & How To Use Them.
- If you are using it for the first time we always recommend doing a small test patch first for 24 hours.
Benefits of Evening Primrose Oil
It is very rich in gamma linolenic acid (GLA) and Omega 6 fatty acids. These help your body to maintain healthy skin and nails and produce prostaglandins. A deficiency of these will cause dryness, wrinkles and aging whilst making your skin more prone to damage. Essential fatty acids help combat these issues and nourish your skin to leave it feeling soft and supple.
Evening primrose oil is a wonderful moisturiser. The rich texture softens skin and helps with moisture retention. This makes it especially beneficial for dry skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
It penetrates well, helping to soften skin and promote suppleness. Evening primrose oil is great for general skin health by supplying skin with nutrients and healthy fats. These can help your skin appear more youthful and prevent wrinkles.
Organic Evening Primrose Oil also has good anti-inflammatory properties. This helps reduce redness, swelling and itching. Whilst assisting dry skin conditions this can also benefit acne. Evening Primrose is known for reducing hormone imbalances and applying a few drops to facial skin can help reduce and heal spots and pimples.
Ideal for spraying as a facial oil, it helps to form an effective barrier against skin drying out. It can also be used under your eyes to help with dark circles and puffiness.
Evening Primrose Oil adds lustre to dull and lifeless skin and is also said help with anxiety and depression.
This pure oil contains nutrients that will help nourish your scalp and strengthen hair. When used regularly evening primrose oil has also shown to benefit hair loss.Ingredients
cold pressed oenothera biennis seed oil *. * certified organic by the Soil Association.
Conscious Skincare products are cruelty free, free from all synthetic preservatives, paragons, phthalates and sodium laureate sulphate. They are approved by the Vegetarian Society, PETA and carry the Leaping Bunny Cruelty Free logo.