Rescue Balm is a calming and healing vegan balm. It is packed with organic oils, shea butter, chickweed, lavender and calendula to soothe and calm the skin. Massage gently into sore, dry, itchy skin.
- Certified as cruelty free under the Leaping Bunny programme.
- Registered with the Vegan Society.
- No parabens, silicones or mineral oils.
- No synthetic fragrances or colourings.
- Comes in 60ml glass container with aluminium lid.
- Beauty Shortlist Awards 2019 – COMMENDED
- Shea butter. This organic shea butter is sourced from a women’s cooperative in Ghana. Shea butter moisturises the skin and restores elasticity. Its protective and healing properties make it especially effective for dry and damaged skin.
- Apricot oil. A gentle organic oil suitable for everyday use for soothing and nourishing sensitive skin, dry, mature skin and babies.
- Pomegranate oil. Naturally rich in vitamins, Pomegranate oil is a powerful antioxidant and high in punicic acid, an anti-inflammatory which helps to reduce inflamed skin and regenerate new skin cell production.
- Chickweed. Our organic, UK grown chickweed herbs are macerated in high oleic (omega 9) sunflower oil with rosemary antioxidant. Chickweed is excellent for relieving irritated and itchy skin.
- Calendula. In the form of CO2 extract from organic calendula flowers, this oil is widely known for its exceptional healing properties.
- Lavender. We use organic Bulgarian lavender oil which is fruity and more mellow than high altitude lavender. This wonderfully calming and relaxing oil is excellent for use on sore and itchy skin.
How to use
Use to soothe dry, itchy patches of skin. Scoop out about a teaspoon of balm, rub together in palms, massage gently into skin.
Top tip: Use as a barrier balm on areas prone to irritation to strengthen and support skin.
For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep out of the reach of children. Because this product contains essential oils test it on a small area of skin first.
Prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil*, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil*, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) cera, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil*, stellaria media (chickweed) extract*, tocopherol (vitamin E), lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil*, citrus nobilis (mandarin) peel oil*, helichrysum italicum (everlasting) flower oil*, calendula officinalis flower extract*, rosemarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil*, d-limonene°, geraniol°, linalol°.
*organic, °natural component of essential oil
About Silvan Skincare
Marian, the founder of Silvan Skincare was a trained massage therapist and she was looking for a product that added something to the hands-on work she was doing. There wasn’t anything that worked for me in the way I wanted.
She was taught by her stepmother how to make creams and the techniques and subtleties of blending plant oils. The range came from here and she subsequently discovered that the oils were a wonderful alternative to body lotion.
Marian's ethos is to create gentle skincare products that are truly natural and don't irritate or harm the body or the environment.