This is a deeply conditioning hair oil containing Grapeseed Oil, Organic Jojoba Seed Oil* and Argan Oil* with the aromatic scent of Lavender and Spearmint essential oil in a blue 30ml glass bottle. You can either choose a pipette or aluminium cap closure. A pipette is highly recommend for your first purchase and which you can reuse on your next order. (*Cold pressed and unrefined).
- Conditioning Treatment
- Leave in Treatment
- Styling Agent
- Heat protection
- Scalp Treatment
This oil is designed primarily as a conditioning treatment, helping to minimise frizz and promote shine, leaving the hair softer, healthier and more manageable. Louise at Salix Moon has used light, nourishing oils that do not weigh hair down, perfect for defining waves, curls and coils. This botanical oil blend is incredibly nourishing and moisturising for both the hair and skin, it also works well as a scalp treatment to help soothe and moisturise dry flakey scalps too.
- Jojoba Seed Oil is packed with vitamins and minerals essential for healthy hair and skin, namely, vitamin E, B-complex, copper, zinc, selenium, iodine, and chromium. Jojoba is said to unclog hair follicles which can in turn promote more hair growth.
- Argan oil is known for making hair silkier, softer and shinier. It is the ideal hair conditioner, helping to treat split ends and tame frizzy hair, making your hair manageable and healthy looking.
- Grapeseed is a deeply nourishing and conditioning oil that will leave your hair silky soft. It is a wonderful choice for hair care because it contains vitamin E, which is vital for healthy hair.
Sweet smelling Lavender essential oil is mild and soothing. When massaged into the scalp, it can improve blood circulation and promote hair growth. In aromatherapy lavender oil can also help to relieve stress and aid a restful sleep.
- Anti-fungal and antibacterial nature, spearmint essential oil is an effective treatment for scalp conditions like dandruff. Spearmint essential oil is said to stimulate the hair follicles thus promoting hair growth as well as strengthening the hair since it actively promotes blood circulation to the scalp area.
Why cold pressed and unrefined?
Cold pressed products go through a process of mechanical extraction (pressure) and low-temperature controlled conditions to extract the oil from the seed, nut, etc. Unrefined means the product has had no additional refining/ preserving/d eodorising. These oils can also be referred to as ‘virgin’ or ‘extra virgin’. This process ensures the finest quality product and makes the oil exquisite for cosmetics. The unrefined/cold pressed process helps the oil retain a rich, strong scent and colour that is true to its natural state, ensuring that the oil’s nutrients and the antioxidants remain undamaged and unchanged.
How to Use
- It is best to use this oil on slightly damp towel dried hair. Start by using 1-2 drops and then add a couple more depending on the length of you hair. Rub the oil into your palms and then run your fingers through your hair, focusing on the ends, remember a little goes a long way! Too much will cause the hair to appear greasy. If you have curly/wavy hair we recommend coating your hands with the oil and then scrunching your hair.
- You can also use this oil before using any styling tools, apply 1 to 3 drops into the palms of your hand and then run your fingers through your hair, again focusing particually on the ends. Then use a brush or comb to distribute it evenly throughout your hair which coats it with the oil, helping to protect from heat damage.
- If you have very dry brittle hair I would recommend using this oil as a leave-in treatment. Once a week treat your hair by warming 6 to 8 drops in your hands before massaging it into your hair. Work it through your hair, applying to the ends and then pull all of your hair up into a shower cap or towel. Leave in for few hours (or over night), then wash your hair and rinse well until all oil residue is gone. Apply this treatment once a week to maintain healthier hair.
- Scalp treatment: Rub roughly 6-8 drops of oil into your hands before gently massaging into your scalp. Leave on for about 15 minutes then wash hair as usual.
Store in a cool dark place, this oil should be used within 6 months of being opened.
Vitis vinifera (grape) seed oil, organic simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, argania spins (organ) kernel oil, lavendula anguvstifolia (lavender) oil, menthe spicata (spearmint) oil, linalool*, limonene*, geraniol*. * natural compounds in essential oil.