Easily absorbed and very good for sensitive, dry and mature skin types. A high Essential Fatty Acid content ensures excellent moisturising benefits.
Organic Apricot Oil is mild and light in nature with a subtle fragrance. It is rich in essential fatty acids and antioxidant vitamins making it a great moisturising oil.
Apricot Oil by Conscious Skincare is clear /pale yellow in appearance. In order to produce the oil Apricot Fruit kernels are cold-pressed (they contain around 40-50% oil) ensuring maximum benefit. Lower quality oils use chemical solvents.
- Certified Organic by the Soil Association and 100% pure.
- Cold pressed to ensure the highest amount of beneficial properties are retained. If heat is used during the processing it can reduce or destroy the key active ingredients.
- Comes packaged in an aluminium bottle with 100% biodegradable paper label.
- Size: 100ml.
- Suitable for Vegans and approved by the Vegetarian Society and PETA. Conscious Skincare have the Leaping Bunny Cruelty Free logo on all their products.
- See our Guide to Carrier Oils and the benefits of each carrier oil list on one page for ease here, The Best Carrier Oils For Your Skin and Haircare Routine & How To Use Them.
- Caution: as this oil is derived from a nut, it may not be suitable for those with nut allergies.
Benefits of Apricot Oil
A high oleic acid (Omega 9) content gives Apricot Oil wonderful moisturising benefits. It can be used for dry skin areas including face, elbows and knees, leaving your skin feeling soft and replenished without feeling greasy. It also absorbs easily and spreads well compared with some other oils.
A high Vitamin E and A content helps your skin with softness, suppleness and improves elasticity. These nutrients help nourish dry and damaged skin.
Organic Apricot Oil is also especially suited to dry, sensitive skin as it is a light and mild oil which is non-irritating. It acts quickly to soothe and hydrate dry skin areas with an anti-inflammatory effect. This can help dry skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
This oil nourishes your skin and provides anti aging properties. It is therefore very beneficial for mature skin. Because of the light, non- greasy texture of this oil it is suitable for using directly on your face as a face serum. Antioxidant benefits help to prevent skin damage from free radicals.
As Apricot Kernel Oil is a ‘long oil’ it is great for skin massage, reducing stress levels and helping to restore a sense of calm. A few drops go a long way and it penetrates well into the skin.
If you suffer from dry skin after swimming, bathing or showering, Apricot Oil is excellent to spray onto damp skin before drying off. This helps to hydrate your skin and seal in moisture.
Apricot Oil can also be used as an under eye cream. A few drops applied under the eyes helps to reduce puffiness and dark circles. When used regularly it can also reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
This natural oil also has a number of benefits for hair care. Whether it is help with a dry scalp condition or promoting softness and shine, Apricot Oil can assist!Ingredients
prunus armeniaca kernel oil *. * certified organic by the Soil Association.
Conscious Skincare products are cruelty free, free from all synthetic preservatives, paragons, phthalates and sodium laureate sulphate. They are approved by the Vegetarian Society, PETA and carry the Leaping Bunny Cruelty Free logo.