Part time, minimum two days per week, 6-8 hours per week.
(Advert Placed 03 December 2019)
Are you interested in working for a company that puts people, the planet and animals first? If you have a passion for sustainability, veganism or natural beauty, we want to hear from you!
We are a small independent business based in Chelmsford, Essex and have created an online store that makes it easier for everyone to buy sustainable essentials in one place. We value planet over profit and we encourage consumers to buy less but buy better. The Kind Store, founded by Natasha Tyler in March 2018 was created at a time when it was difficult to find low waste products and avoid animal ingredients. Every aspect of the business is reviewed and a kinder solution put in place than the current norm, such as lowering waste throughout every stage of the supply chain, sourcing organic ingredients, working with local artisans and supporting brands that give back.
Natasha has been vegan for nearly five years and more recently on her own low waste journey. The store is growing steadily and currently run by Natasha almost single handily (thank you friends and family for your help so far) but we are now ready and looking for an amazing person to help support Natasha, share our values and hopefully grow with the business, taking on more responsibilities as we evolve.
The job role will consist of packing, fulfilling and posting orders alongside additional tasks such as:
- Packing preparation such as ordering new packing materials, postage labels, Royal Mail bags and sorting these to enable a quicker packing process.
- Unpacking and ‘checking in’ new stock.
- Updating online inventory upon checking in stock.
- General tidy up of the store room and sorting of excess materials for recycling/distribution to others who can use.
- Join in everyday tasks which are part of running a fast-moving small business.
The packing days are Monday, Wednesday and Friday and as a minimum, we are looking for somebody who can work at least two of the three days and the job role is expected to take 3-4 hours per day, therefore a minimum of 6 hours up to anticipated maximum of 12 hours per week.
There is the opportunity to undertake additional duties to increase the hours you work on the same two/three days. These duties include:
- Ordering replacement stock
- Enquiring with new brands
- Adding new products to the website
- Replying to customer queries
- Paying invoices
You do not need to have any experience working in a store or warehouse previously. We’re looking for:
- A pro-active problem solver who wants to make a difference and work for a company who’s trying to do something good!
- A fast learner, somebody who can think on their feet and is organised.
- Has an interest in sustainability, veganism and/or zero-waste.
- A good level of computer skills.
- Is ready to learn and take on new duties as we go.
- Ideally, has an interest in working with us long-term, and to grow within the business.
- Has a legal right to work in the UK.
- Living Wage Salary.
- Be part of our product testing team.
- Two-three days per week.
- 3-4 hours per working day.
- Opportunity for additional duties/hours.
- Located in Chelmsford, Essex (CM1 4).
- Close to bus, cycle routes and the local Post Office is 0.1 miles away.
- Ideally can drive as postage bags can be heavy to carry on foot.
- Free parking.
- Deadline for applications: Friday 20th December.