WHAT'S SO SPECIAL ABOUT THE KIND STORE?
Natasha Lovegrove created The Kind Store in 2018 to fix a problem she kept running into - finding products that were vegan and cruelty-free, made from natural ingredients and packaged plastic free was a huge time consuming challenge. Natasha thought shopping for ethically made and sustainably sourced products should be incredibly simple — so that's why she created The Kind Store.
The Kind Store is committed to sourcing and selecting the Earth’s best products for you from a curated selection of brands, predominantly based in the UK. We test every product in-house before we bring it to our shelves so you don't have to. Unlike many other similar retailers, we hand-pick a smaller range of products that we know work, we source over 90% of our products from the UK and we don't shop internationally to keep our air miles to a minimum. We are also 100% vegan owned and operated. We believe sustainability is a journey, not a destination, so there will always be improvements to be made. We strive to continuously improve and would always welcome your feedback via our email - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more about us and The Kind Standard below.
Managing Your Order
The same day: Firstly, double check your emails to ensure you haven't received an 'order fulfilled email'. If not and you want to add items to an order just placed, it's super easy. All you need to do is purchase your forgotten items as usual but select 'Free Collection' as the postage option so you don't have to pay for postage twice. Please ensure you use the same customer name, payment method, email address and delivery address and also leave a comment in the box at checkout confirming your original order number so we know to the post them together (we can usually work this out anyway!). We will then ensure all items are posted together and you will not have been charged for postage twice. If you forget to select the free collection option, or we notice that you have ordered twice in the same day, we usually just post your items together anyway (if they are going to the same delivery address) and we'll refund you any duplicate postage costs.
Between 24-48 hours: Please check to see if you have received an email confirming your order has been fulfilled. If so, your order has already been posted. If not, please follow the above steps.
Over 48 hours: Please again check to see if you have received a fulfilment email. If not, please do contact us email@example.com as your parcel has most likely been sent. The fulfilment email may be in your junk or spam folder or they be another reason for not sending out your parcel.
Please note, we pack and post parcels on Monday, Wednesday's and Fridays only (excluding bank holidays).
Please note, we pack and post parcels on Monday, Wednesday's and Fridays only (excluding bank holidays).
Been a while since you placed your order? No worries, we have a few steps you should take to help narrow it down.
1. Check your order to see if it contains any pre-order items such as make-up, nail varnish or jewellery (it will be in bold at the top of the product page on our website too if you are unsure). A pre-order item means that we do not hold stock of this item because there are too many products/shades/styles/sizes under that brand for us to do this at the moment whilst we are still small but we still want to offer a wide range of sizes and shades for you. You could be waiting up to two-three weeks for a pre-order item and your entire only will only be sent when the last pre-order item arrives with us. To find out more about pre-orders, see further below.
2. Check you emails. Have you received your order confirmation email and order fulfilled email (which means it has been shipped)? Make sure you check your junk/promotions folder or search for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you haven't received one or either emails from us and your parcel is missing, get in touch!
3. Check your tracking. Find your confirmation of shipping email which contains a unique tracking link via the Royal Mail Track & Trace website. The postal service we use tracks your parcel ever step of the way and will advise where your parcel is.
4. Have you checked the tracking number and it has been marked as delivered, but you have not received it? Please firstly check that the shipping address you provided us with was correct; check with your neighbours and other members of your household; and have a little look around your property and in any safe places that it could be. If you still have no luck please do not worry, just drop us an email with your order number and we will help to figure out what has happened.
Still no luck - get in touch with us email@example.com.
Firstly, thank you for choosing us to gift to your loved ones. We thoroughly enjoy sending out packages that we know will make people smile.
We wrap all parcels as standard, please see packaging faqs below. If you would like to add a note for your gift recipient, please leave a comment in the comment box at checkout and we are happy to handwrite and include it in your parcel (in whatever language you would like!).
If you would like your parcel gift wrapped, please order our Custom Gift Box (which includes gift box packaging) or buy the Gift Box Packaging separately.
Please note we never include receipts in any order, whether they are gifts or not, to help reduce paper waste. We have chosen to save paper and you will always receive a confirmation email including order details and cost.
Yes, of course! Juse leave a comment in the box when you place your order and we will happily write the note and include it with your order. We are happy to write the note in another language too, if you prefer.
You lucky thing! To use it, you can add the code on the checkout screen. There is a little arrow at the top of the screen next to show order summary, please click on this and there will be a little box for gift card or discount code. Add the code and then click the arrow next to the box and this will apply the discount to your order. Please note that discount codes are single use and only one discount code is valid per transaction. Still not working? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have ordered a pre-order item **you will know if it is a pre-order item as there will be bold text and stars at the top of the page like this advising you**.
We want to offer you as many vegan, natural and sustainable products that will help you live low waste at home and on the go, however as a fairly new and small independent store, there are some items we want to stock however cannot afford to stock the entire range as there are so many product variants, or they are handmade to order. Our pre-order system is therefore a great way to be able to offer you many more brands and it is also useful for the new additions we decided to stock online. It helps us to determine the popularity before ordering in lots of stock.
Pre-orders are either available on items such as make-up where there are multiple options and shades or jewellery in multiple sizes such as rings meaning we cannot stock the entire range. Pre-orders are also sometimes available on items that very popular and due to arrive imminently so as soon as they arrive, your order can be posted.
If you purchase a pre-order item alongside items in stock, your entire order will be sent when the last item pre-order item arrives in stock. If you would like your other items beforehand, please make a separate order to cover the additional postage so we can post the in stock items immediately.
Our current pre-order products include:
Zao organic and refillable make up (we do hold stock of our most popular items such as mascara, eye liner and shine up powder). Orders are placed every two weeks with Zao therefore depending on when your order, it could take up to three weeks to arrive.
Smoke and Ash recycled jewellery which is handmade to order and generally takes seven days on receipt of order.
You can add both pre-order and in stock items to you basket however please note, if you purchase at the same time and pay for postage only once, your order will be dispatched when the last pre-order item arrives in stock.
If you would prefer the in stock items immediately, you will need to make two separate purchases.
Please check out our Exchanges & Returns page in the menu at the bottom of this page.
If you need a VAT receipt, please email us and we'll raise one for you.
We are really sorry about this. We pack manually and sometimes errors occur. In the rare chance this does happen to you, please get in touch with us right away. If an items has been damaged during postage, please include a photo with your email to us.
Managing Your Account
Sorry to hear you are having issues logging into your account.
If you have shopped with us before please check your emails for an account verification email. You should be able to activate your account from there. If you are still having problems, please do get in touch at email@example.com and we will do our best to resolve the issue.
If you have activated your account, please check that the password you are entering is correct. If that does not work, please click on the forgot your password? link and this will guide you through setting up a new one. If you are still having problems, please do get in touch.
If you are unable to find this then please do drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will resend your activation link, just follow the simple link to complete your account setup. If you need any further assistance please don't hesitate to ask.
My Wishlist allows you to keep track of all of your favourites and shopping activity whether you're on your computer, phone, or tablet. You won't have to waste time searching all over again for that item you loved on your phone the other day - it's all here in one place!
You can use wishlist without an account, however if you want to share your wishlist with friends or family then you will need to create an account and login. You can then share your wishlist with friends and family, either through email or through social media like Facebook, Twitter and more.
Click the heart at the top right of this page to get to your wishlist.
Loyalty Rewards & Refer A Friend
Our loyalty club (aka The Kind Club) has been updated so that you can now log in and see your points. Created as our way to say Thank You, join The Kind Club and be rewarded when you share and shop with us, and share with your friends too.
The first step is to create a Kind Store Account and you are automatically part of our Loyalty Club. You'll also benefit from saved customer details and reviewing past orders.
Our loyalty club has been updated so that you can see your points and you can choose when to redeem them. Unfortunately, our previous rewards system relied on manual checking of every order which resulted in mistakes and we do not want to leave any of our customers disappointed.
How the new Kind Club works:
Create an account | 50 points
Place an order | £1 spent = 5 points
Celebrate a Birthday | 50 points
Follow us on Instagram | 50 points
Like us on Facebook | 50 points
Share us on Facebook | 50 points
For every 500 Points, you will receive a £5 off discount code (That's effectively receiving a £5 off voucher for every £100 spent at the store).
We will occasionally hold special promotions and gifts only for our Kind Club members (the promotions are exclusive to loyalty club members with a Kind Store account and will not be shared on social media or in our weekly newsletter).
Find out more about our Loyalty Club & Referral Scheme.
1. Share your unique discount code with your friends by opening the Loyalty Club pop up (which you'll find in the bottom right corner of the screen called Rewards). Sign into your account and then you can share from directly within the pop up.
2. When your friend clicks the URL, they'll land on our website and be asked to enter their email in the pop up and will then receive their 5% off reward. They need to copy and paste the discount code at checkout (it doesn't apply automatically).
3. When your friend makes their purchase, you will receive a 5% off discount code to enjoy on your next order.
Only one discount can be used per order; it cannot be aggregated or combined with other offers or promotions. Only new customers are eligible to use the friend referral link (they can't have placed an order before). The spirit of the referral is to share with your friends and family. If you try to refer yourself, this will be automatically blocked or cancelled. There is no limit on the number of referrals you can make, so start sharing!
If you created an account when you placed an order, great news you're already part of the Loyalty Club. If you haven't yet created an account you can Create An Account here. You will only start to earn points once you have created an account. If you already had an account prior to the new Loyalty Club, we have automatically given you 50 points.
To earn Points, make sure you're logged into your account first. Then click "Ways to earn" and select one of the earning options.
Log in to you account.
Log In to redeem your points. This will show the Points you have available to redeem. Click "redeem" and then press "apply code". This will apply the Points to your qualifying order which will show on the checkout page under "discount".
Loyalty Club Points can only be redeemed against one-time purchase orders, not gift cards (Points can be earned by the recipient of the gift card when they spend it).
It is not possible to apply a discount code and redeem Loyalty Points at the same time. If you apply your Points in such a case, they will not be redeemed but may be deducted from your account. If this happens, let us know and we can re-credit them to your account.
One Loyalty Reward can be applied to each qualifying order; multiple Points cannot be aggregated and redeemed against one order. Points are not earned on shipping.
Log in to your account.
Postage & Packaging
We use minimal packaging, whilst ensuring your products stay safe.
We re-use cardboard boxes from suppliers where we can otherwise use new recyclable and compostable cardboard boxes. Packages are wrapped in used newspaper and secured with paper based tape (recyclable and compostable) which is also available to buy.
All of the companies we work with have been selected because they have the same ethos as us. We work with them to ensure their packaging is minimal and plastic free when they send it to us.
We hope you can find other uses for our packaging before sending it to be recycled.
Inside our gift box, your products are beautifully wrapped with eco-friendly tissue paper, zig zag offcut paper from a UK paper mill and tied with an organic cotton ribbon. Packaged in our custom-made gift box and 'The Kind Box' postal wrap from FSC cardboard to ensure your gift stays safe and to provide the ultimate unboxing experience, completely plastic free. Additionally, we have ensured our boxes are sourced from FSC card and printed with vegan and eco ink.
Find out about Delivery and Shipping here.
Sometimes our newsletters do end up in your junk mail folder by mistake, so please check this first. If you have gmail, they often end up in your Promotions folder. The best thing to do is add us to your contacts so our emails always land in your inbox. If you cannot find it, please do email us and let us know so we can help you out.
We generally send our our emails weekly*. We don't spam your inbox with hard sales techniques or bombard you every other day. Instead, you'll receive a short email from us per week packed full of either the latest news, product launches, behind the scenes and lots of interesting content related to living a kind life. Kind to people, the animals and the planet. Sometimes, if we have more to say, we'll send out more emails which we think you'll love.
Our subscribers are the first to hear about new brands, products and promotions (even before social media) so there is a good reason to subscribe :)
At The Kind Store, we provide a wide selection of sustainable, zero-waste products sourced across the UK and further afield from independent businesses to help you reduce your environmental impact. We source products based on The Kind Standard and following the ethics laid out in our Sustainable Business Plan which is based on the UN's sustainable development goals. We either reach out to brands ourselves or they get in touch with us.
We are constantly improving...We are currently in the process of providing a questionnaire for our suppliers and any brands we decide to stock in the future. This questionnaire will help us to decide whether their ethics and morals are in line with what we advocate and care about within the business. We are also in the process of completing a Suppliers Code of Conduct that every brand will have to sign to say that their products and ingredients they use conform with The Kind Standard.
Finally, we test every product we stock to make sure the quality is of the highest standard.
1. Vegan & Cruelty-Free: We are a vegan owned and operated business. We only stock vegan products, priorities vegan brands and every product we stock is cruelty-free and never tested on animals.
2. Natural Ingredients: Our products are 100% natural as standard. We avoid numerous toxic products in our cosmetics and cleaning items including Aluminium Compounds, SLS/SLES, Parabens, Synthetic Colours, Synthetic Fragrances, Nano spf ingredients, Phtalates, Propylene Glycol, Triclosan or Formaldehyde. We also prioritise organic ingredients and organic certification.
3. Zero Waste Business: We strive to become a zero waste business in every aspect of our operation from considering the packaging waste we create to the product packaging our brands use. We actively opt for paper/glass/metal over plastic packaged products and work with suppliers to create refill and package-free solutions. All of our parcels are posted plastic free as standard.
4. Fair & Transparent Supply Chain: We only work with suppliers who ensure workers rights, diversity, inclusion and equality are safeguarded. We seek to work with Fair-trade producers to improve their livelihoods and communities with concern for social, economic and the environmental wellbeing of marginalised small producers.
5. Sustainable Sourcing: We source the most sustainable products available in each category and have strict criteria regarding the sourcing of items such as organic cotton, FSC timber and RSPO palm oil. Our sustainable sourcing policy also includes up cycled and pre-loved materials.
6. Responsible Consumption: We encourage our customers to buy less but buy better. Every single one of our products is tried and tested to ensure our products perform equally, if not better than conventional products.
7. Climate Neutral: A longer term aim of our business is to become a net zero emission company. Our HQ is currently powered by renewable electricity. We do not ship internationally to reduce our carbon footprint.
8. Small Independent Businesses: We prioritise working with small independent businesses who make their products by hand in the UK. We source the vast majority of our products direct to the brands themselves to help support other small businesses too.
9. Charity: We give at least 10% of our profits to charity. Our current charity partner is Tower Hill Stables Animal Sanctuary in Essex. We also partner with various other social, environmental and animal charities throughout each year.
10. Environmental Innovation: We collaborate with our suppliers and makers to improve products and packaging. We also petition for larger suppliers and governments to make corporate and governance change for the benefit of people, planet & animals.
Sometimes our products do contain plastic and it is unfortunately unavoidable. However, where this is the case we do almost always offer a refill option and so once you have used the product and you need to top up the plastic nozzle/pump/pipette can be reused and the refill option is usually made of aluminium.
Another reason why a very small amount of our products may be packaged in plastic is because the company is currently looking into alternatives or the use of plastic to package is much less than someone buying that product as a single use plastic.
Additionally, some brands have decided to use post-consumer recycled packaging for their products based on a number of factors such as longevity of the packaging/product and emissions during production and transport. We do not have a blanket ban on plastic packaging as there are many other things to consider in the life-cycle of a product and it's packaging. Our main aim is to help everyone reduce their emissions by sourcing products that create less emissions during their life, whilst also considering wider environmental and social issues.
We do our best to keep an eye out for new brands and products to stock, but we love hearing about the brands that may have slipped through our fingers or crossed our path yet. If there is a vegan, natural and cruelty free brand or product you love or has caught your eye we would love to hear from you, so please fill out our Brand Application Form which you can find in the menu at the bottom of this page and we will check them out!
Fantastic! We would love to hear from you, please fill out our Brand Application Form here and we will get back to you ASAP. We get a lot of emails to do with this and we really appreciate you reaching out but we do not always have the time to respond to every applicant. We will get back to you if we think you are a good fit for The Kind Store.
Yes! We are a vegan owned and operated store so everything we stock is always vegan and cruelty-free.