Your Bird Seedball Mix was created in collaboration with scientists at the Natural History Museum, this mix includes wildflowers that are perfect for attracting birds to our gardens to feed on seeds and insects. According to the RSPB, a lack of habitat and food abundance has lead to huge decline (over 50% in the last 45 years) of many common UK garden bird species.
This Bird Mix is designed to feed the birds for you, and is a much more sustainable option to buying bagged bird feed! The careful selection of plants will boost the food supply for a wide range of birds including goldfinches, blue tits, chaffinches, greenfinches, robins, starlings, increasing the number of birds seen in your garden. Whilst in bloom the flowers will attract insects that many birds feed on, while birds will also feed directly on the plants and seeds themselves.
- Each tin of Bird Seedball Mix contains 20 seed balls (30 seeds in each ball). Enough to cover 1 sqm in a garden bed or 3-5 seed balls for a 35cm container (leave at least 10cm between each ball).
- Best scattered in Spring or Autumn.
- Made from seeds, clay, peat-free compost and chili powder.
- All seeds are responsibly sourced in the UK from Flora Locale accredited suppliers and they only ever use peat-free compost.
- Packaged in steel tins that are manufactured in London (with the help of a solar farm on the factory roof).
Why use a seedball instead of ordinary seeds?
The ball prevents the seeds from being a tasty lunch for birds and insects, thereby increasing the chances of your flowers growing. Plus they’re super easy to use, no digging and no expert knowledge needed!How to use
Throw onto soil or compost in a garden bed or planter in Spring or Autumn, leaving at least 10cm between each ball. Your Seedball has everything it needs to grow and, once the ball becomes moist and the temperature is right, your seeds will germinate!