Seedball created these in collaboration with their friends at POD. It is a fantastic herb grow kit and a great and easy way to start growing your own parsley, basil and oregano from seed.
- Peat free coir.
- Organic herb seeds.
- FSC-certified cardboard box.
- Re-usable recycled aluminium with cork topper.
- Ideal for a kitchen windowsill.
- Full instructions on the box.
Each pod contains 2 peat-free coir discs and one seedball with 5-10 organic herb seeds. To use simply remove the seedball, fill the pod with warm water up to the neck and set aside while the coir discs expand.
Then, pop the seedball on top of the coir, where it will absorb water and stay nicely soaked (you’ll need to add more water if it becomes a tad dry).
From here the seed balls will sprout within a few weeks and once the growth is well above the top of the pod you can transfer into a bigger pot to allow the plant to fully grow, leaving a re-usable pod for storing dried herbs.
- Basil: Aromatic annual or biennial with bright green, elliptic leaves and small, tubular white or pink-tinged flowers. The Latin word basileus means king: in ancient times these leaves were used to create perfumes for monarchs.
- Sweet Marjoram (oregano): Leaves and flowering sprigs are popular in Greek and Italian meat dishes, soups, stuffings, tomato sauces and pasta, where they are best used towards the end of the cooking process. It was once believed that marjoram helped to nurture love.
- Parsley: Aromatic biennials with broad, pinnate to 3-pinnate leaves and compound umbels of small white or pale green flowers. There was an ancient belief that plucking a sprig of parsley while saying one’s enemy’s name would bring about the death of said enemy!