This award winning natural toner made by Conscious Skincare is made with organic lavender flower water. It is refreshing, revitalising and suitable for all skin types. It is a great all-rounder and perfect as a facial spritz or a quick skin refresher!
- Winner of 'Best Facial Toner' Platinum Award by natural beauty celerity Janey Lee Grace.
- This natural face toner is distilled from pure Lavender flowers. It has a 100% natural scent with no added parfum/fragrance.
- It is calming and rejuvenating for all skin types with a natural cleansing action that does not clog pores.
- Has fantastic anti-microbial properties, helping with blemishes and mild acne. It will also help calm irritated and inflammed skin.
- It will help keep your skin looking fresh and glowing during the day.
- This an alcohol free toner which is great for use at night.
- Lavender floral water is very mild and is therefore suitable for skin of all ages.
- Comes packaged in an aluminium bottle.
- Size: 100ml.
- Dimensions: 11cm x 4cm.
Make-up remover, skin toner, calming pillow spray, insect bite relief, mild burns, cooling mist (in the summer or on holiday), irritated scalp.How To Use
Use mornings and at night, as required. Press pump and apply hydrolat to cotton pad. Sweep over face to remove final traces of make up.Ingredients
Lavandula angustifolia floral water*. * certified organic.
What is a Hydrolat/Hydrosol?
Hydrolats, also know as Hydrosols are botanical extracts that are harvested using the traditional method of steam distillation, the same method used to make most essential oils. Hydrosol's are also known as Floral Waters, Distillates, Hydrolats or Aromatic Waters. The aromatic waters we have used are produced by distilling Orange Blossom and Witch Hazel leaves and bark.
They are created in a still that contains fresh water and plant material which is slowly heated. As the steam rises, it passes through the botanical material carrying particles of essential oil and phytonutrients through the still. As this nourishing vapour cools, through this alchemical process it condenses in the form of an aromatic water (now a Hydrosol) along with its essential oil counterpart. Most of the essential oil will rise to the top, leaving the Hydrosol with micro-particles of essential oil locked within the water.
Hydrosol's contain a small amount of the essential oil from the plant and the water soluble constituents in the plant material which have various medicinal and cosmetic properties. Aromatic waters are much less concentrated than essential oils and are safe to use undiluted. Their aromas are often soft and subtle when compared to their essential oil counterpart, they usually have a scent similar to their essential oil, but also can have a milder and greener note.
Hydrosol's are an ancient holistic tool and ritual. Alchemists have performed botanical healing distillations, in one form or another, for thousands of years. There is evidence of their use in ancient texts, with delicate rose water being the most prominent. In ancient Egypt, their properties and beneficial effects on the skin were well known and Cleopatra was known to be very fond of them.
Conscious Skincare products are cruelty free, free from all synthetic preservatives, paragons, phthalates and sodium laureate sulphate. They are approved by the Vegetarian Society, PET and carries the Leaping Bunny Cruelty Free logo. Plus, they were recently awarded one of the highest scores for their toner range, out of 70 brands, by Ethical Consumer.