PATCH wound care strips are hypoallergenic and perfect for those with sensitive skin. Made with soft, organic bamboo fabric and gauze with hypoallergenic Pressure Sensitive Adhesive (PSA). Their PSA formulation is made from a combination of natural minerals and Nano technology (think tiny suction cups) to gently adhere to the skin without causing reactions. Availble in four options:Activated Charcoal, with activated charcoal gauze to aid and help draw out impurities and infections from minor wounds.
Aloe Vera, the gauze is enriched with aloe vera extract to help repair and soothe burns, blisters and minor abrasions.
Coconut Oil for Kids, enriched with coconut oil in the gauze to help soothe minor abrasions and provide long lasting support for sensitive skin. Free from irritating chemicals. Allowing for suitable protection and soft support for sensitive skin types. Let’s not forget the cute panda print, designed to comfort children in life’s little emergencies.
Natural, allowing for suitable protection and soft support for sensitive skin types.
- 25 strips per pack
- Size: 85mm x 19mm
- Biodegradable and earth friendly
- Cruelty Free & Vegan
- Plastic, silicon, latex and paraben free
- Naturally degrade between 6-10 weeks.
How to Use: IT’S ALWAYS IMPORTANT TO SEEK MEDICAL ADVICE FOR ANY WOUND TYPE TO DETERMINE THE APPROPRIATE SOLUTION. IN THESE THREE STEPS, WE MAKE IT EASY TO KNOW WHAT TO DO. Thoroughly clean the wound area and pat dry Select the appropriate PATCH for your wound type (for further information, head to the product page) Remove protective seals and apply PATCH, ensuring the gauze is in direct contact with the wound. Change strip daily to ensure a speedy recovery
- Is the bandage compostable?Yes. The bandage is made from 100% certified bamboo fibre which will break down and compost.
- Is the gauze compostable?Yes. The Natural PATCH gauze is made from 100% organic bamboo fibre:The Coconut Oil PATCH gauze, is made from only coconut oil on 100% organic bamboo fibre. The Aloe Vera PATCH gauze is made from only Aloe Vera and 100% organic bamboo fibreThe Activated Charcoal PATCH is made of only activated charcoal powder, a perforated biodegradable cellulose layer (to hold the charcoal in place) and 100% organic bamboo fibre
- Is the adhesive compostable?Yes. PATCH has been engineered with only 100% biodegradable and hypoallergenic ‘pressure sensitive adhesive’ ingredients. These ingredients are from nature and are suitable for the most sensitive skin types, but also great on regular skin types too.
- Is the back paper compostable?Yes. The back paper is paper which will break down.
- Is the colouring compostable?Yes. The colouring on all items is natural.
- Is the tube compostable?Yes. The tube is made from recycled cardboard and can be composted, but it could easily be reused or recycled rather than composted.
- What about the outer cover of the bandages – it looks like plastic?The outer cover of the bandages is currently supplied as biodegradable plastic, the thinnest possible. It is used as a protective sterilisation layer for the strips, however, very pleasingly, this is being replaced to be completely compostable for the next lot of production. It is not currently compostable, but the full strips will break down in a matter of weeks as they are made from 100% bamboo fibre which is a compostable material (may vary due to the soil, weather conditions, and harvesting). FAQ's kindly reproduced from https://gippslandunwrapped.com/2018/06/19/everything-about-these-zero-waste-bandages-is-compostable/