Nine Herbal Infused Oils For Your Skin and Beauty Routine
Infused Oils, also known as Macerated Oils, are simply carrier oils such as Jojoba or Extra Virgin Olive Oil that have been used as a "solvent" to extract the therapeutic properties of a certain plant or plants. Since the plant material has already been mixed with a carrier oil, they can be used directly on skin unlike essential oils. Find out more about all nine of our organic herbal infused oils here.
You can use them on their own, add to your existing products to maximize particular benefits or create your own diy beauty products with our herbal oil infusions as a base.
1. Horsetail Plant Oil
This Horsetail Oil has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that are powerful agents for skin care. This oil has a faint grassy smell and is dark green. Infused with Jojoba Oil.
- Skin care: Horsetail Oil helps to heal cuts and wounds, treats rashes and haemorrhoids. Using Horsetail Oil can reduce the redness of boils and acne, soothe eczema and psoriasis, treat burns and prevent premature ageing.
- Hair care: Horsetail Oil helps to reduce hair loss, strengthens hair follicles, treats frizzy or dry hair, helps to make the hair silky and soft, fights dandruff and prevents split ends, promotes new hair growth, treats itchy scalp.
- Nail care: This herbal oil strengthens and promotes nail growth.
Organic Horsetail Plant
2. Nettle Plant Oil
Herbowski's Organic Nettle Oil has been extracted from fresh leaves that contain a wide range of constituents, including plant sterols, glycosides, carotenoids, carbonic and formic acids, vitamins (B, C, and K), minerals, also rich in chlorophyll, iron and silica. Infused with Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Chemical elements in Nettle Oil help to alleviate pain and stiffness in joints.
- This herbal oil promotes healthy hair growth and adds shine to your hair. See more of our natural haircare products here.
- Nettle Oil has great moisturising capabilities that can help to reduce and prevent wrinkles.
Organic Nettle Plant
3. Cayenne Pepper Oil
Herbowski's Organic Cayenne Pepper Oil is known best for it's fantastic pain relief. Capsaicin, an active component in Cayenne Pepper is effective at reducing all types of pain: muscle pain, back ache, joint pain, etc. Infused with Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Apply directly onto the desired area or in preparations for external pain relief formulations: salves, creams and lotions. This oil can stain, once applied give a few minutes for the skin to absorb the oil before you dress.
Organic Cayenne Pepper
4. Arnica Oil
Arnica Oil contains helenalin, a potent anti-inflammatory compound, making it a must-have for any natural first aid kit and a perfect remedy for many common bodily woes. It is an infused oil where Arnica has been macerated with Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Arnica Oil can help to reduce pain and disease-causing inflammation when applied to skin.
- Handy for all kinds of bruises, aches and sprains. Arnica helps to relieve areas of stiffness resulting from flying or long-distance driving.
- Topical arnica oil application may clear sebum oil and other debris on your scalp that can block hair follicles. It may also reduce inflammation that causes itching and irritation and leads to hair loss.
Organic Arnica Flower
5. Lavender Oil
The most versatile oil of all has a beautiful rich green colour. Health benefits for the skin can be attributed to its antiseptic, anti-fungal, calming and relaxing properties. This is an infused oil with Jojoba Oil.
- kin Care: Lavender Oil treats acne, wrinkles, soothes psoriasis and other inflammatory conditions. It is commonly used to speed up the healing process of wounds, cuts, burns, and sunburns as it improves the formation of scar tissues.
- Boosts blood circulation.
- Bug Repellent: Effective on lice, lice eggs, and nits.
- Calming and relaxing aroma can help to get a good night sleep.
6. Linden Blossom Oil
Herbowski's Wildcrafted Linden Blossom Oil comes from the Linden Tree which produces small, sweetly scented white flowers, that are harvested in June. Blended with Organic Jojoba Oil, this golden coloured oil with a nectarous aroma is packed with antioxidants and antiviral properties.
- Skin Care: Linden Oil is an excellent choice for all skin conditions, especially those related to stress. Acne, psoriasis and generally irritated and inflamed skin all respond well to blends with linden oil.
- Rejuvenating: Promotes radiant and youthful appearance.
- Calming for body and mind.
- Effective stress buster.
- Hair care: excellent nourishing properties make Linden Oil a wonderful addition to shampoos and other hair care products.
Wildcrafted Linden Blossom
7. Calendula Oil
Herbowski's Organic Calendula Oil is an extremely soothing and nourishing product with a vibrant tangerine colour and a subtle aroma. Your skin will receive a good bulk of the benefits, thanks to the oil's anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and related properties. Infused with Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Skin dryness or chapping - Calendula Oil is a great moisturiser for dry skin and for severely chapped or split skin, it helps soothe the area and reduce the pain.
- Inflammation - It works well on sprained muscles or bruises; its anti-inflammatory action helps lessen swelling from injury.
- Baby care - Calendula Oil helps to relieve diaper rashes, which can extremely irritate an infant.
- Minor cuts and wounds - The antiseptic and antimicrobial action of this herbal oil help speed up healing of wounds and minor cuts, and also help relieve insect bites, acne and bed sores.
- Inflammatory Skin issues - Psoriasis, dermatitis and other skin problems can be soothed using Calendula Oil.
8. Marshmallow Root Oil
Herbowski's Organic Marshmallow Root Oil is the finest emollient of a light yellow colour and a viscous consistency due to mucilage substance extracted from marshmallow root. The root extract contains a number of other ingredients that promote skin health, such as polysaccharides and flavonoids. It is a very light fast absorbent oil that will suit all skin and hair types. It is an infused oil with Organic Jojoba Oil.
- Skin Care: Marshmallow Root Oil can provide relief from dry and irritable skin conditions and helps soften the skin. Treats wounds, bruises, scalds, and cools the burns.
- Hair care: Marshmallow Root Oil acts as a natural conditioner and de-tangler.
Organic Marshmallow Root
9. St John Wort's Oil
Herbowski's Organic St John's Wort Oil is is extracted from the buds and flowers of a perennial plant that is native to Britain. It is a powerful oil of a deep red colour that has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. Applied topically St John's Wort Oil is useful for mild burns (including sunburn), bruising, haemorrhoids, varicose veins, minor wounds, sores and ulcers, fibromyalgia, muscle & joint aches, neuralgia, sciatica and fibrositis. It is an infused oil with Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Once applied give a few minutes for the skin to absorb the oil before you dress.
Organic St John's Wort
About our Carrier Oils
The above herbs oils are infused with either Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Jojoba Oil.
- Jojoba Oil: Although called an oil, it’s actually a liquid plant wax and it is used for a number of ailments. Jojoba Oil is rich in important vitamins and minerals, including vitamins E and B-complex, zinc, copper, selenium, chromium, and iodine. It suits all skin types, it is light, non-sticky, odourless, and has a long shelf life.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: For centuries, extra virgin olive oil has been used topically to relieve every day skin ailments. It has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and anti-aging properties because it is packed with antioxidants and vitamins. It hydrates the skin by building the skin’s moisture barrier to prevent loss of moisture.
The Kind Store team try and test all products that we stock, so you can be certain that what you are buying is high quality, works well and loved by us. We source all products using our ethos via our sustainable principles, so you can trust that what you are buying is kind to animals, people and planet. We stock items from UK independent makers and suppliers to ensure our products are eco-friendly. Discover hundreds of vegan, natural, sustainable and cruelty-free products.